Elecbyte Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If a character or stage or motif doesn't work right, see this link http://elecbyte.com/forum/index.php?topic=40.0

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Filters for low res characters  (Read 12103 times)

Issaz

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: Filters for low res characters
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 02:22:32 am »

HD? 4 times the size of a low res sprite? With more expectations for the detail you do? Off you go then.

It's only harder cause you choose to recycle a low res sprite. Resizing it isn't going to help it either because detail is already lost. But what I'm I saying, I'm pretty sure you are going to be using low res characters already made and just editing over them. umm, I can see how that would would work.  :-X

JEKNEL

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 02:23:05 am »

Go make some HD sprites then if you're so into them. See how easy it is. Btw, "i don't have time" is not a valid excuse for you, you have time to post here, you have time to make some sprites.

Yeah!!

That's the spirit Cyanide!!

I mean, I hope (ohh  please god) nobody try to release a "new" Char (at least for Mugen 1.0 RC xx) using marvel vs capcom sprites or NES ones.

I don't wanna throw away my old mugen Folder, and If  a new Char is released for Winmugen o Winmugen plus, shure I wanna try it and use the old engine.

but now, we can made better chars, stages and screenpacks.

HD? 4 times the size of a low res sprite? With more expectations for the detail you do? Off you go then.

jajajajajaajajajajaa       a low res sprite resized never will be HD
me!!! in mugen jejeje      

Issaz

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 02:26:35 am »

Go make some HD sprites then if you're so into them. See how easy it is. Btw, "i don't have time" is not a valid excuse for you, you have time to post here, you have time to make some sprites.

I mean, I hope (ohh  please god) nobody try to release a "new" Char (at least for Mugen 1.0 RC xx) using marvel vs capcom sprites or NES ones.

I don't wanna throw away my old mugen Folder, and If  a new Char is released for Winmugen o Winmugen plus, shure I wanna try it and use the old engine.

but now, we can made better chars, stages and screenpacks.

jajajajajaajajajajaa       a low res sprite resized never will be HD

exactly

Cyanide

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 02:28:19 am »

It's only harder cause you choose to recycle a low res sprite. Resizing it isn't going to help it either because detail is already lost. But what I'm I saying, I'm pretty sure you are going to be using low res characters already made and just editing over them. umm, I can see how that would would work.  :-X
No, i'm not doing anything of the sort. You are the one saying we should be making HD characters. I'm telling you to go off and make some HD sprites if you want them so much. I haven't mentioned upscaling low res stuff. An HD sprite is 4x the size of a low res sprite, and it's 2x the size of an HR sprite. That's all there is to it. If you think that's "easy" go and DO it, 500+ times. Then tell us it's easy. Until you manage that, no it's not.

If you're not willing to do that. Find some HD games we can actually rip from. If you can't, it's cos they aren't possible to rip from yet.

Either way, your move.

SffV2 is NOT required

Issaz

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 02:34:57 am »

It's only harder cause you choose to recycle a low res sprite. Resizing it isn't going to help it either because detail is already lost. But what I'm I saying, I'm pretty sure you are going to be using low res characters already made and just editing over them. umm, I can see how that would would work.  :-X
No, i'm not doing anything of the sort. You are the one saying we should be making HD characters. I'm telling you to go off and make some HD sprites if you want them so much. I haven't mentioned upscaling low res stuff. An HD sprite is 4x the size of a low res sprite, and it's 2x the size of an HR sprite. That's all there is to it. If you think that's "easy" go and DO it, 500+ times. Then tell us it's easy. Until you manage that, no it's not.

If you're not willing to do that. Find some HD games we can actually rip from. If you can't, it's cos they aren't possible to rip from yet.

Either way, your move.

I don't blame you for thinking hd is hard to make, because the way you look at it. Then when it comes to ripping sprites from characters, most of them will already be in HD size or close to it with the updated tools and programs, and updated games we have today., that why you wont have to downsize the hell out of it. That way I can keep it's defaults. It's not hard, it requires the same amount of time as it would with a low res characters, but only skipping the downsizing and having a better looking sprite. It seems like alot but today people dont really rip anymore only use recycled characters. Not saying you do, but alot do,seeing all of these clones all of the place.

And yes I'm going to make hd sprites once I see the engine is actually complete, hopefully by that time I'll still be interested making them.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 02:43:27 am by Issaz »

Cyanide

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 02:55:08 am »

Not
The
Point

We'd be making HD stuff NOW if it was possible to actually RIP IT. It's not for 90% of the stuff out there. You realise winmugen was capable of displaying HD characters right? It was just a case of downscaling them further. We've made use of the KoFXII sprites for fake screens and the old version displayed them fine. The point is you can't make a character using rips that don't exist. And making HD sprites is really very difficult. Far harder in fact than making low res sprites.

Hence why i'm telling you to TRY it. Go on and do it. Don't keep saying it's easy until you've actually done it. I don't like the filtered stuff either. I'd prefer a low res character to a filtered one. And that's beside the point as well. HD is difficult to get resources for. That's it. If you want to prove that wrong by finding a sheet or set of rips of say Blazblues Tager, i'll make him. Really, i will, but you have to get the sprites first, and i don't think you can.

SffV2 is NOT required

Issaz

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 03:19:14 am »

Not
The
Point

We'd be making HD stuff NOW if it was possible to actually RIP IT. It's not for 90% of the stuff out there. You realise winmugen was capable of displaying HD characters right? It was just a case of downscaling them further. We've made use of the KoFXII sprites for fake screens and the old version displayed them fine. The point is you can't make a character using rips that don't exist. And making HD sprites is really very difficult. Far harder in fact than making low res sprites.

Hence why i'm telling you to TRY it. Go on and do it. Don't keep saying it's easy until you've actually done it. I don't like the filtered stuff either. I'd prefer a low res character to a filtered one. And that's beside the point as well. HD is difficult to get resources for. That's it. If you want to prove that wrong by finding a sheet or set of rips of say Blazblues Tager, i'll make him. Really, i will, but you have to get the sprites first, and i don't think you can.

Of coarse it's going to be hard to find hd sheets, I can't see why people would rip sprites and hand them out for the hell of it. That's why people will have to do it themselves. Ripping isn't the only solution for a HD sprite, and  theres a shit load of hd sprites all around the web and mugen forums. HD sprites are not hard to come by, but still it will have to take time ripping it like anything else,if you are expecting someone to hand you a sheet full of HD sprites on a plater, then I can see where you come from/

And like I said, I know how, but for the last time. I'm not going to start till the engine is complete and hopefully I'll still be interested in making a character by then.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 03:21:53 am by Issaz »

Cyanide

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 03:26:27 am »

I'm not expecting that either. But you're the one saying we should be "leaving low res stuff behind and making HD gogogo" I'm telling you why nobody is doing that. It's simple enough. And it's an excellent reason not to leave low res behind unless you wish to play with about 5 characters for ages.

SffV2 is NOT required

cybaster

• Community Member
  • Arrrhhh !!! I'm cropped !!!
    • View Profile
    • Cybaster's Office
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 04:21:31 am »

I thought the main point of the new Mugen was that it was going to add many new features once the RC version is fully retro compatible. Things like stage interaction, full game features, better storymode, tweaking in broken code or missing stuff (negative edge with several buttons, multiple parent redirection,etc.).

Now I just learn that people don't care about this stuff, but just want all the characters to be HD, with online mode (cf. other topics) ... :'(

And yeah, until somebody can rip Blazblue and KOFXII sprites, you're off playing with Vyx's shitty 3D characters if you want "HD resolution". Sad world really !!!

Lasombra Demon

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 08:11:57 am »

Cybaster just read my mind here.
3. Elecbyte will make Elecbyte's own company? Which you choose agree or disagree?

~*Ishida-Uryuu*~

• Community Member
  • ~Legendary Quincy~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 10:02:50 am »

Hey. Issaz. Idiot.

3 of my characters are low-res. When 1.0 gets to the point where they're adding new features and improvements, I'm adding them to my same old 'broken garbage' to improve them and make them better. I could also give 2 shits about HD or mostly any graphic improvements at all.

Is there a problem?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 10:05:06 am by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~ »

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]

cybaster

• Community Member
  • Arrrhhh !!! I'm cropped !!!
    • View Profile
    • Cybaster's Office
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 10:18:20 am »

I'll answer for Issaz, it'll save him some time :

Ishida, you're an old garbage creator who lives in the past and cannot see that the future lies in HD, even though there are no sprites for now. I'm making a full HD invisible character when Mugen 1.0 becomes stable. When I update my awesome spriting skills (because I HAZ DEM NIGGA SKILLZ), I'll sprite an HD black square character, to prove you how your shit looks pixeled compared to mine. However, since I have no idea of how to code, I'll use the basic stuff which was in the old Winmugen already, since I have no idea of how to use (and what purpose could have) all the new fancy features Mugen 1.1 has. Like that, you'll be able to use my awesome HD crap on your old crappy winmugen engine !!!

SupaKMW

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 10:19:21 am »

This would be an excellent feature.  It would soften the difference between low res and hi res characters.  There would still be a big difference, but it would look more pretty together~  :P

Jarek Bachanek

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 11:59:55 am »

This would be an excellent feature.  It would soften the difference between low res and hi res characters.  There would still be a big difference, but it would look more pretty together~  :P

That's my point exactly. With filters on low res won't be look so bad vs hi hres char in fight.
You want earn some money for free ? Click in both banners and register !!!

Issaz

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 02:07:29 pm »

LoL. That's the mugen community for ya. You guys like to stick to the past. fine. Whatever, have fun with recycled material. I'll stick to the new.

"awaits for more feature request that relates to bringing more old material to the table"  :D

cybaster : Too bad I never said I wanted online mode,online and mugen would be retarded. So what are you talking about?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5