Elecbyte Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If a character or stage or motif doesn't work right, see this link http://elecbyte.com/forum/index.php?topic=40.0

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: New and beginner users start here!  (Read 25252 times)

TENK

• Community Member
  • Possibly doing nothing right now.
    • View Profile
Re: New and beginner users start here!
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 08:43:45 am »

Hi there i'm new to this application, and require expert advice. i'm currently using 1.0 RC8 after a rushed download of and older version.
 :(

Stuff that needs work:
How do i create a screenpack of my own, cuz i don't want browse the net just to download someone elses work?
How do i create my own characters?
How do i create a bonus game of my own?
How do i create an intro?

Stuff i had success doing:
A theme for the title screen.
Downloading my favorite characters onto this application.
Editting some existing text, however, i still need help with this.

Any help will be very kindly appreciated.
 :)

AxKeeper

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • MULTIVERSE
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 04:49:49 pm »

In your mugen download there is documentation that assists beginners in what you're looking for.

I can offer you these freeware tools for my amateur profession :P

My version of a how to

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol1r2yWjyIQ[/youtube]

[megavideo=432,350]http://www.megavideo.com/v/74SGFV30[/megavideo]

Sendspace file
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/a4xkv9

Welcome back my students, today by request I did a spriting tutorial using my favorite program which is available for download and it's freeware! I'll show you how to do it fast and effective, beautiful and flexible. The characters used here are for educational purposes so please don't take this the wrong way if it happens to be yours.

[megavideo=432,350]http://www.megavideo.com/v/C4KYBGZ2[/megavideo]

Video Download
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/a3nfoy

Spriting Program Download

MOS Workshop Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4t2im0dqkjz
    http://www.teambg.eu/forum/index.php?topic=134.0

Thanks to the person who uploaded the program. Authors link is below Rapidshare link.

Fighter Factory Old
http://www.citydown.com/Games/Tools-Editors/Fighter-Factory-2867.html

Try youtube searching for other videos, mugen has been here for awhile and no doubt there are many creator uploaded tutorials.

TENK

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 11:39:13 am »

Thanks for the reply, i'll try and take things slowly from here.

i just wish there was a quicker way to produce sprites, which i'm trying to do now.
 :-[

AxKeeper

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • MULTIVERSE
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 01:43:56 pm »

Thanks for the reply, i'll try and take things slowly from here.

i just wish there was a quicker way to produce sprites, which i'm trying to do now.

I use the method I posted and it is fairly quick and becomes easy in time. Though due keep in mind if it is too much work for you to endure you can always edit someone Else's work, mugen gives you that freedom. Most others learn that way to by trying to change something all ready made piece by piece.

There are many other methods as well, if you can't draw no matter how many times you try you can always just use sprite rips that exist on many other forums. Sprite rips are screen captured images from various games of objects or characters that are painstakingly removed from their background, ideal for mugen use or modifying to animations as well.

Another idea I gave to someone else was to use a program that can create 3D renders and screen capture that into sprites. Do a little research in the right places if nothing else works for you. Again i am always here  ;)

TENK

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 05:32:02 pm »

Okay, sort of a stupid question:

i inserted my 1st sprite i snapshotted and modified into a pcx file, but now the image looks ugly and warped, what am i doing wrong here. Please help course this is one of my own creations.

AxKeeper

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • MULTIVERSE
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 11:16:27 pm »

You must have saved in .gif format or .jpeg

You want to save as .pcx or .bmp, .png works well to.

TENK

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 05:35:30 am »

Well... i fixed the warped appearance by copying the same file (i checked and it was in pcx format) and opening the copy.
But now my character's got the wrong palette colors on ( well it sort of looks inverted) and i dont know how to fix the wrong colors with the image. Please help.

TENK

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 09:05:10 am »

Sorry for the double post but i have another problem.
i downloaded Super Sprites, unzipped it, went into the .exe but now i get this:

Register Cutter !
------------------------------
First Name:
[__________________]
Last Name:
[__________________]
Code:
[__________________]

What the hell is this suppose to be, a fricken rip-off, i can't find a code from their website.

Spades

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 10:29:43 am »

Okay in Fighter factory (old version) whenever I want to use the mugen in it two problems happen. The first one problem is my character is invisible. How do I fix that problem? The second problem is now i need a action in the AIR section. Exactly what does that mean????? I appreciate the assistance, and help on these two problems.

TENK

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 01:34:15 pm »

Umm... ignore my last 2 posts i think i fixed it now the problem is how do i animate my sprite, without having to draw too much of the same picture. Help please.

Josue

• Community Member
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • View Profile
    • akkuis1173: My Site
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 05:07:22 pm »

Okay in Fighter factory (old version) whenever I want to use the mugen in it two problems happen. The first one problem is my character is invisible. How do I fix that problem? The second problem is now i need a action in the AIR section. Exactly what does that mean????? I appreciate the assistance, and help on these two problems.

Umm... ignore my last 2 posts i think i fixed it now the problem is how do i animate my sprite, without having to draw too much of the same picture. Help please.

Hmm, frist of all...  *sigh* welcome to Elecbyte's forums.
You two seem to be having trouble with sprites/ animations.

@Spades, Do you have all the required sprites? If so then you must also create all the basic required animations with them such as the standing, walking and jumping animations. How? the simplest way is using notepad and change a copy of KFM's air files so you don't have to begin from scratch.
@TENK, I'm not a spriter but if that program SuperSprites is not good for you, you can make your sprites using GIMP or Paint or whichever image editor you like, it's not like any of those will have a "magical button" to make sprites. Those issues are more related to the user's knoweledge and skill, of course some programs help more than others, but it's undeniably a long hard work.

I would recommend both of you to read the manual, since it includes a basic yet very helpful set of tutorials:
http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs/mugen.html#documentation

Hope you enjoy your stay at the forums. See ya, and God Bless you.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:14:07 pm by Josue »

Spades

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 07:04:15 pm »

Sweet, thanks for the help Josue. I will definitely look at the tutorials. I appreciate this a lot. While I followed everything the mugen in fighter factory opens up, but the character is still invisible I even followed all the step in the AIR format as well. But I can't seem to find the problem.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:33:40 pm by Spades »

TENK

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2010, 06:43:12 am »

Thanks, i'l try to read and understand since i'm not a genius.

TENK

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2010, 12:21:58 pm »

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing this:

''Access violation at address 00E87A99 in module 'PalEditor.dll'. Read of address 0000002D.''

PLEASE, if there is anyone around here that can help me fix this ''error message'' and prevent it from harrassing me everytime, cuz this is making it really hard for me to display my sprite on the aireditw.exe.

TheShinHado

• Community Member
  • Semi-Succesful Lifebar Converter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2010, 02:15:32 pm »

Hi. First time using RC8. Three Part Question.

Pt. 1: How do you edit lifebars to be compatible for 1.0 RC8? I plan to use the bars from the Capcom Fighting Evolution MAX Screenpack.

Pt. 2: Is there a simple way to make characters 1.0 compatible? I tried to do as the Wiki said, but I could find some of the things in the CNS File, like gethitvar(zoff), ignorehitpause, etc. Do I add these parameters or, just wait for more characters to be 1.0 "friendly" so to speak?

Pt. 3: While running Mugen, I see that the characters are "zoomed in", and the super meters corresponding with some of them are not visible. Any help?

Thank you,
-Shin_Hado-

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

shortwaisted-draft