Elecbyte Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got something to share?  Need to know how to make a character, stage, etc in M.U.G.E.N?  Check out the wiki at http://elecbyte.com/wiki

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: New and beginner users start here!  (Read 27683 times)

jasonhill

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: New and beginner users start here!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 01:31:18 am »

Hello all,
didnt get any other place to say hello and post an introduction so i got in here.
So I am jason hill from India.
and love being here.

N30-D@N

• Community Member
  • Akuma is still being worked on! Eh, not really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 01:42:58 am »

'Sup Jason. How long have you been into MUGEN?

Pocket Ken 4-in-1 Coming Sooner...or later...

Reptile

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 06:41:53 am »

Hi. First time I've played this version of Mugen since dos and I cant seem to find a way to add the stages I have from years ago. I've googled and searched the mugen folder but I cant find a way to add stages. All I get is the training background. I've put them into the stages folder. Many thanks to anyone who can help this n00b out.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:21:01 am by Reptile »

serio

• Community Member
  • mugen has hit a snag and is on hold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 03:25:24 pm »

Quote from: select.def
[ExtraStages]
 ;Put extra stages here. They will be available in VS and Watch modes.
 ;For example, you can insert "stages/mybg.def".
stages/stage0-720.def
i just dropped my pocket pizza during that last attack!

Reptile

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 05:15:56 pm »

Thanks. :)

Gustavos

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 11:56:59 am »

I downloaded the most recent version of Mugen, and it won't start up. It says the configuration is incorrect, and redownloading it will fix the problem. And it didn't. Any help I can get?

Josue

• Community Member
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • View Profile
    • akkuis1173: My Site
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 01:36:07 pm »

I downloaded the most recent version of Mugen, and it won't start up. It says the configuration is incorrect, and redownloading it will fix the problem. And it didn't. Any help I can get?
The most recent one is RC8...
I think I've seen somewhat similar error with RC7. Isn't it "reinstalling the application would fix the problem"?
I just wonder why it says such a thing.
I thought this was solved for RC8, but it seems like this is still happening.
[...]
Bug Fixes
[...]
    * Fixed problem where program would not start on some older Windows installs.
I think updating your windows could solve it though.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:37:41 pm by Josue »

K'style

• Site Administrator
  • Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 02:55:47 am »

Please try installing the following to see if it helps you. Have you used RC7 successfully before?
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package

FlashfireEX

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 12:35:55 pm »

Heya. I'm relatively new to MUGEN and right now I'm attempting character creation. It's going well but I'm just wondering, how would I go about coding a temporary transformation as a special move (freezing everything else while transforming animation plays)? Also, if you could also tell me, what's a code that will make the screen shake on a certain frame of my character's introduction animation (when he first comes into battle)?

Josue

• Community Member
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • View Profile
    • akkuis1173: My Site
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 04:02:05 pm »

Heya. I'm relatively new to MUGEN and right now I'm attempting character creation. It's going well but I'm just wondering, how would I go about coding a temporary transformation as a special move (freezing everything else while transforming animation plays)? Also, if you could also tell me, what's a code that will make the screen shake on a certain frame of my character's introduction animation (when he first comes into battle)?
Well, first of all, welcome to Elecbyte's forums.
Now straight to the point:
Transforming chars is something a bit harder to do than most other things if your char will remain transformed. Otherwise just use the transforming animation and a superpause controller with movetime >0
but make sure it only lasts the transforming animation.

However if your char is to remain transformed after the supermove is executed, I'm afraid a lot more complications come, since the get hit animations will not support it! N-Mario's Vent&Aile use a very complicated helper system for it which sadly only works partially since it makes them look misaligned when in a custom state.

About the code to make the screen shake... I think it's envshake. Why don't you take a look at the manual?
http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs/mugen.html

Gustavos

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 02:15:56 pm »

The most recent one is RC8...
I think I've seen somewhat similar error with RC7. Isn't it "reinstalling the application would fix the problem"?
I just wonder why it says such a thing.
I thought this was solved for RC8, but it seems like this is still happening.
[...]
Bug Fixes
[...]
    * Fixed problem where program would not start on some older Windows installs.
I think updating your windows could solve it though.
[/quote]

Actually, I was just making the stupid mistake of trying to run the game from a zip file. :P Thanks anyway for the help though. It's a great game. :)

ajsomcio

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 01:28:22 am »

I'm kinda new to mugen 1.0 rcb so that makes me a beginner. My question is why doesn't the screenpack change in the newest version of mugen? I have tried several but none worked but worked on the older versions.

CaptainMayonnaise

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 11:11:39 pm »

I'm kinda new to mugen 1.0 rcb so that makes me a beginner. My question is why doesn't the screenpack change in the newest version of mugen? I have tried several but none worked but worked on the older versions.
Did you remember to properly configure the mugen.cfg file?  It probably won't matter, because most screenpacks will need to be edited to work with 1.0 anyway.  I personally know nothing of this; the only thing I was able to convert was the BrokenMUGEN lifebars.
Jarek Bachanek may be able to help.

I am new to this and I trying to load characters and am having a diffcult time. I read the manual but I am not doing something right. plzzz help.
same here, anyone got this resovled already?

Some characters may need to be converted.  If you are new to MUGEN, read up on the basics - edit the "select" file with your characters and they should show up in your MUGEN.
Well, first of all...  *sigh* welcome to Elecbyte's forums.

morrisonc66

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 06:12:31 am »

This program is awesome.

I keep running into some roadblocks though with trying to modify the character select screen. I'm trying to do my own rendition of a Mortal Kombat game, but have no clue how to physically go in and modify the character select portraits with larger pictures and have the positioning correctly line-up.

Any help on this would be appreciated

serio

• Community Member
  • mugen has hit a snag and is on hold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 06:32:11 am »

I am new to this and I trying to load characters and am having a diffcult time. I read the manual but I am not doing something right. plzzz help.
same here, anyone got this resovled already ?

just so that nobody's confused, this (mialee393e) is a spambot. its signature with the malware-filled links proves it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:12:13 pm by serio »
i just dropped my pocket pizza during that last attack!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

shortwaisted-draft