Elecbyte Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got something to share?  Need to know how to make a character, stage, etc in M.U.G.E.N?  Check out the wiki at http://elecbyte.com/wiki

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: New and beginner users start here!  (Read 25242 times)

dfw

• Site Administrator
  • Community Member
    • View Profile
New and beginner users start here!
« on: September 20, 2009, 11:43:48 am »

The Beginners' help section is just that.  It's a place for beginners and first time users to ask for help with using M.U.G.E.N.  All questions and comments are encouraged, but please take time to ask a clearly worded question.  That is the best way to get the help you need in a timely fashion.  Also, please be aware that your question may have been asked before, so use the search function before you post.  Have fun!

Hathor Liderc

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: New and beginner users start here!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 09:12:17 pm »

<delete>
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 01:29:31 am by Hathor Liderc »

Zane88

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 09:05:54 pm »

Well for starters i love this progam and i thinks it rocks,but i need alot of help.I'm new to mugen and also programming so i wanted to know.Is there a particular manual i could read that completely explains it all to me or am i just out of luck....also this is my first time using a fourm so plz get back to at my email adress if possibale if not then i'll repost i think it's called. sry for wasting time just reallly tired of have to keep uninstalling it and reinstalling it so plz help i have alot of ouestions!

gabe687

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:55:17 am »

Mugen comes with a manual and a basic tutorial you can use.  That's basically how I got started, I was able to start making stuff that same day.  The more you practice and run in to problems, the more you learn.  You don't have to take it all in at once, just some basics can get you moving.

There are many mugen forums you can check for help, also video tutorials on youtube and other sites.  If you have a problem, someone has probably already run in to it.  Explore the web to find your answers.  

Josue

• Community Member
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • View Profile
    • akkuis1173: My Site
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 03:58:34 pm »

I think you can begin reading the MUGEN documentation:
http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs/mugen.html

serio

• Community Member
  • mugen has hit a snag and is on hold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 04:14:01 pm »

also practice by editing kfm. all knowledge and no practice won't help at all. the docs are a referrence material more than something to memorize.

dmann316

• Community Member
  • Mugen = [ON] OFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 06:45:11 pm »

can someone tell me how to add more energy to my characters, my ryu only has 3 bars :(
Deron

Josue

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 01:40:30 am »

can someone tell me how to add more energy to my characters, my ryu only has 3 bars :(

Why add him power? Do you want to make it become overpowered? You can set it to 10 bars or any value you like just by changing the power = value in the [Data] section. each power bar is 1000 power, so if it has 3 bars you'll find it like this: power = 3000.
It depends, what you're trying to fight against? If it's not chars from it's original game, then don't expect them to be balanced against him. I.E. DBZ chars would surely pwn any normal char (unless it's an invincible joke char or something...) You must choose the chars in your roster to make it fun and challenging but playable!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 01:42:29 am by Josue »

dmann316

• Community Member
  • Mugen = [ON] OFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 01:06:33 pm »

THANK U SO MUCH ;D
Deron

EgyLynx

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 03:16:52 pm »

One at (Metal Freeze)
8000 hp 5000 power 900 att 800 def (and yet these are greatest what i see)
and at "kfm" 1000,3000,100,100
Truly, i let that METAL freezes STATS are some down...

I think 100-150 attack/def is at intresting...
but what FUNNY is if one hit and ther is winner?

Josue

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 05:53:40 pm »

Some creators don't care about balance, others do care, but the problem is the diversity of universes merging into MUGEN, you can't expect any normal char to win against a DBZ char, but since it's just a matter of coding or modifying the code you can have whatever you want, and it's not always good. Balance is just a utopia in MUGEN since you can have DBZ chars fighting against megaman chars or street fighter or anything you can imagine!
It's up to the coder to have balance at least amongst chars of the same universe I.E. DBZ.
However there are so many coders creating so many chars... that it's up to the player to determine what chars are good for his roster and which ones should go into another roster or be discarded as "unplayable due to being too broken".
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:55:45 pm by Josue »

rioxx

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 02:11:13 pm »

I am new to this and I trying to load characters and am having a diffcult time. I read the manual but I am not doing something right. plzzz help.

Josue

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 03:27:10 pm »

I am new to this and I trying to load characters and am having a diffcult time. I read the manual but I am not doing something right. plzzz help.
What is not working for you?
If the char comes with instructions to be installed (such as not just pasting the folder and adding the folder's name to your select.def, but also adding the full path to the char's def instead), then you must follow those.

rioxx

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 06:46:52 pm »

What is a good program to use to edit these?

Josue

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 05:55:50 pm »

What is a good program to use to edit these?

... notepad ... *sigh*
that's pretty much all you need unless you start doing more complicated things such as creating / editing stages / motifs / chars, for those you need image editors such as paint, some sound editor could be handy,and either elecbyte tools or fighter factory to create the SFF and SND files .
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:58:00 pm by Josue »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

shortwaisted-draft