Elecbyte Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If a character or stage or motif doesn't work right, see this link http://elecbyte.com/forum/index.php?topic=40.0

Author Topic: Can't get past title screen? (Windows 8 Problems)  (Read 460 times)

ToonyTantric911

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Can't get past title screen? (Windows 8 Problems)
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:12:31 pm »

Hi there everyone! I just downloaded MUGEN, I didn't even know it was real! Heh, I used to watch videos on Youtube in 2007 about it, I  thought it was like a video editing thing or something (Oi, I was young.) Anyways, unfortunatly I don't think I can play it because I can't even get past the title screen! I have a HP Laptop with Windows 8 and the F1 and etc. do something else. So when it said to press f1 to continue, I couldn't! F1 on my laptop is help support! Any idea how I can get past this?

Everglow777

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get past title screen? (Windows 8 Problems)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 06:28:00 pm »

I think you can do 2 things:

1.- try mantain pressed the "Fn" key, and then press F1.

(If that does not work then...)

2.- Go to your Mugen folder, then go to "data" folder, there search for "mugen.cfg" (if you dont have file extensions enabled it may apear as an weir file called just mugen), right click on it and select "open with", and then use "note pad" to open it.

once you are on mugen.cfg file,at the bottom of "[Config]" section you will see "FirstRun = 1" then put to 0  "FirstRun = 0", then just save changes, and close the file, and that will fix it I think.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 06:29:50 pm by Everglow777 »

Jesuszilla

• Community Member
  • I'm a fuffy.
    • View Profile
    • Trinity MUGEN
Re: Can't get past title screen? (Windows 8 Problems)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 07:03:20 pm »

fn+F1 should do it, yeah.